Agricultural Science (B.S.)
The Agricultural Science program at South Dakota State University offers students a practical, well-rounded education in agriculture. Because of their comprehensive background, Ag Science majors are placed in a wide variety of professional capacities in the agricultural industry, including sales, business, management, and production.
$ 376 per credit
Brookings, United States
About the program
Specific positions are determined in part by students’ academic coursework, internships, work experiences, and extracurricular involvement.
Often students seek this major because of a career goal to own or operate a farm or ranch. Additionally, students frequently select this major to explore their interest in agriculture.
This Agricultural Business program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working in production agriculture.
- Want flexibility in your education.
- Seek broad understanding of various aspects of agriculture with the opportunity to complete multiple academic minors.
- Want to work outdoors; enjoy hands-on active learning.
- Have an interest in science in the agriculture industry; want to explore different career paths.
- Production Agriculture (Farmer/Rancher)
- Agricultural Sales
- Farm Manager
- Farm and Ranch Management
- Introduction to Animal Science and Lab
- Introduction to Dairy Science and Lab
- Crop Production and Lab
- Soils and Lab
- Principles of Accounting
- Introduction to Statistics