Mechanical Engineering (B.S.)
Graduating from the Mechanical Engineering course at South Dakota State University will help students achieve positions of increasing responsibility or leadership with employers, professional organizations, or civic organizations in recognition of professional competence and the ability to function in team environments.
$ 376 per credit
Brookings, United States
About the program
As the broadest field of engineering, mechanical engineering plays an important role in nearly every industry, from aerospace and automotive, to energy and manufacturing, to robotics and biotechnology. Mechanical engineers design devices and systems to efficiently employ the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of society.
Mechanical Engineering is an applied science profession based on mathematics, physics and chemistry.
This Mechanical Engineering course at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Are naturally curious about how things work
- Enjoy math and science
- Like to tinker and build things
- Are a creative problem solver
- Want broad career opportunities
- Mechanical engineer
- Design engineer
- Test engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Product engineer
- Production and Fabrication Processes and Lab
- Mechanical Engineering Design Technologies and Lab
- Engineering Design Methods and Lab
- Engineering Materials
- Fundamentals of Machine Design